The musical comedy, based on the 1982 film, will still be launching from Shea’s PAC, however the dates will now be December 1-6, 2020. This information now means that currently-scheduled performances in Baltimore, MD (October 13-18, 2020) and Orlando, FL (November 24-29, 2020) will be either postponed or cancelled.
Additionally, the center was successful in rescheduling several 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 season shows. This includes the following:
- The Band’s Visit — originally scheduled for April 14-19, 2020, then rescheduled to December 1-6, 2020, performances will now take place August 10-15, 2021
- Anastasia — originally scheduled for May 5-10, 2020, then rescheduled to September 8-13, 2020, performances will now take place from March 9-14, 2021
- Escape to Margaritaville — originally scheduled for June 2-7, 2020, performances will now be April 20-25, 2021
- Tootsie — the aforementioned show’s new launch dates are December 1-6, 2020
- To Kill A Mockingbird — originally scheduled for August 15-22, 2020, will now take place from January 30–February 5, 2021. Please note the unusual performance schedule.
- Hamilton — originally scheduled for November 3-22, 2020, performances will now be December 14, 2021–January 2, 2022.
In the rescheduling process, the venue has had to postpone performances of Pretty Woman: The Musical (January 26-31, 2021). All other performances in the 20/21 season, however, remained unchanged.
With regards to Hamilton, please note that the company assigned to play the venue may change from its currently-assigned Philip Company. In addition, given the chronology and traditional season start dates, we will be placing the engagement in the 21/22 season for the time being. Please note, however, that for season ticketing purposes, the venue is placing the engagement in the 20/21 season for now.
In addition, according to the venue, “At this time, we have not solidified the full schedule of performances [of Hamilton] beyond the first week. Until this has been determined and approved by the producers, we will not be able to accommodate exchanges to alternative times/dates. We hope to allow our Subscribers this privilege to exchange their tickets soon and will notify you when possible. If you have already exchanged your tickets previously, they will be honored for the new day of the week/time they were exchanged to.”
According to the Shea’s website, tickets for the other rescheduled shows will be honored for the rescheduled dates and times. There is no need to reprint your tickets. If you need further assistance in order to change your tickets to another performance, please contact Shea’s Box Office at 716-847-0850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Shea’s Box Office hours for phone and electronic transactions are Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST; walk up service has been suspended until further notice. For Ticketmaster purchases, please see here for more information.
The venue has also extended the renewal deadline for season subscriptions to September 14, 2020.
Please be aware we are experiencing a significant number of inquiries and we appreciate your patience. Calls and emails will be returned in the order they are received.
Be sure the stay tuned for more exciting changes and announcements as the new 20/21 season begins to take shape!