Broadway In Detroit has announced major changes to its 2020/2021 season, while indicating a delay to the opening of Ain’t Too Proud in the process.
The changes to the Detroit engagements are as follows:
· Summer: The Donna Summer Musical originally scheduled for June 9-21, 2020 will now appear at the Fisher Theatre, January 12-24, 2021.
· Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations originally scheduled for July 29 – August 9, 2020 will now appear at the Detroit Opera House, January 27 – February 7, 2021.
· Beautiful – The Carole King Musical originally scheduled for May 5-17, 2020 will now appear at the Fisher Theatre, May 4-9, 2021.
· The Band’s Visit originally scheduled for October 28 – November 8, 2020 will now appear at the Fisher Theatre, June 9-20, 2021.
· Disney’s Frozen originally scheduled for August 18 – September 6, 2020 will now appear at the Detroit Opera House, September 8-19, 2021.
Additionally, The Cher Show, originally scheduled for December 8-20, 2020, will not come to the Fisher Theatre as part of the 20/21 Broadway in Detroit season. The show has postponed its national tour with new dates to be announced.
The Cher Show will be replaced on the Broadway In Detroit subscription package with the all-new production of An Officer & A Gentleman based on the hit film with dates to be announced.
According to the organization, “Broadway in Detroit & The Broadway League, along with its partners, are closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation and we will provide additional updates as needed. We are following the lead of local, state and federal elected officials as we implement strategies recommended and mandated by public health authorities and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in all of our theatres and offices. The safety and security of theatregoers and employees is top priority.”
Detroit was the second stop on Ain’t Too Proud’s current route. So, with this announcement, we can expect the tour to be delayed to 2021. This follows recent delay announcements from The Cher Show and To Kill A Mockingbird. A more official announcement may be coming as we receive updates from the PPAC (Providence, RI) the show’s launch venue. Updates regarding the status of the production are expected to come in the near future.
Guests with tickets to Summer and Beautiful can find detailed information on their postponed performances online at www.BroadwayInDetroit.com.
For more information, please call (313) 872-1000 or visit: www.BroadwayInDetroit.com.