Memorial Hermann Broadway at the Hobby Center has announced their 2020-2021 Season today as well as show coming in the 2021/2022 season.
Featuring six premiers and Tony Award® winners including the Broadway mega-sensation To Kill A Mockingbird and winner of eight 2019 Tony® Awards including Best Musical Hadestown. Also, Tina Fey’s hilarious new musical comedy Mean Girls, the music phenomenon Jesus Christ Superstar 50th Anniversary national tour, the hilarious Broadway smash Tootsie, the acclaimed Lincoln Center Theater production of Lemer & Loewe’s My Fair Lady and the quirky comedy and joyful experience of the Blue Man Group. Also: included are these season options, the inspiring true story Beautiful – The Carole King Musical and last but not least Houston’s most “popular” musical Wicked.
Additionally, Frozen, the Tony®-nominated Best Musical was announced as a sneak preview into the 2021-2022 Season.
“There is always a great deal of excitement and anticipation around our season announcement as we share with our fellow Houstonians what is coming from Broadway to our own backyard here at the Hobby Center. And Houston has a lot to look forward to next season with returning favorites, award-winning revivals, sensational new titles and the 2019 Tony Award Winner for Best Musical. We hope you find one, two or a whole season of Broadway shows to experience!” said Fran Macferran, President and CEO of the Hobby Center Foundation.
Beginning Tuesday, March 3, current 2019-2020 Subscribers will have first access to tickets when they renew their subscriptions for the 2020-2021 Season. The renewal deadline for current subscribers is March 30, 2020.
Broadway at the Hobby Center 2020-2021 Season features nine amazing productions from September 2020 to August 2021. The seven show package and two season options include:
- My Fair Lady: September 29 – October 4, 2020
- Blue Man Group: November 17-22, 2020
- Tootsie: January 5-10, 2021
- Beautiful (option): January 22-24, 2021
- To Kill A Mockingbird: February 23-28, 2021
- Mean Girls: March 16-21, 2021
- Jesus Christ Superstar: May 11-16, 2021
- Hadestown: June 8-13, 2021
- Wicked (option): June 23 – July 31, 2021
Subscribers for the 2020-2021 Season will have first access to reserve their seats for Frozen when they renew their subscriptions for the 2021-2022 Season. The dates and performance schedule will be announced at a later date.
At this time, 2020-2021 Season Packages are only available to current, renewing Subscribers. New patrons are encouraged to sign up for the official waiting list at BroadwayAtTheHobbyCenter.com and will be notified once new subscriptions become available.
2020-2021 Season Packages can be renewed:
- Online at BroadwayAtTheHobbyCenter.com 24 hours a day
- By calling (800) 952-6560; Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST through the March 30, 2020 renewal deadline
- By visiting the Hobby Center Box Office at 800 Bagby Street; 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Prices start at $260
Groups and Individual Tickets: Individual ticket on-sale dates will be announced throughout the year. For more information about groups of 10 or more, call (888) 451-5986, visit http://Houston.broadway.com/groups or email firstname.lastname@example.org.